Keywords are used for and required for the three basic audience interactions:
EmojiOut allows you to use unlimited keywords. But they cannot overlap and must be unique. There are two basic types of keywords. Ones that are permanent and ones that are temporary. All group keywords are permanent. Autoresponder keywords are permanent unless you set an expiration time. Event keywords are temporary and are only active from your event start time to your event end time. All three: autoresponders, groups, and events require a keyword to be created as part of their creation. But if you use a keyword in a group or autoresponder you may not be able to use that same keyword in an event. However, if you use a keyword in an event you can create another event in the future with same keyword as long as the time of the two events don't overlap.
- Make your keywords simple.
- Try to use real words that a phone will not autocorrect.
- Avoid putting two words together without spaces. The phone may try to autocorrect.
- Avoid punctuation or special characters in your keywords.
- Don't worry about capitalization, EmojiOut is smart enough to not be concerned with uppercase or lowercase letters.
- When announcing your keywords make sure the message is clear on what keyword to text in. Variations with different letters or numbers will not trigger the keyword response.